Community Dance Showcase Audition Guidelines
Please read guidelines carefully.
Audition videos need to be submitted by June 1st. If selected, you must be available to perform in the Community Dance Showcase held on Saturday, July 27, 2019 during 1:00pm – 1:45pm.
Acceptance into the show is based on quality of work and meeting the following guidelines:
- Maximum number of minutes per group piece is 4.
- At least 75% of your piece should be complete at time of audition tape.
- All dancers must appear in audition tape. Submit first and last names.
- All choreography and music should be appropriate for audiences of all ages. Use clean music versions only.
- If accepted, the performance piece auditioned must be the same piece performed at the show.
- Each studio/group may submit up to 2. If your group has more than 2 pieces, please submit an application to perform at the community stage.
- No solo acts, please.
- If costumes are not final, be prepared to explain costume concepts and ideas in email. Wear something that is close to the costume or have at least one costume available.
- Once approved, final routine will need to be recorded and submitted for final approval along with a $50 donation (that covers your entire dance team) July 10th.