Who We Are
The Oxnard Downtowners was formed in the late 1980s by a group of downtown merchants and volunteers committed to a healthy and vibrant downtown. The group became known as the Downtown Oxnard Merchant Association (DOMA) in later years, but regardless of our name, our mission has never changed: to support and help create a successful and vital downtown Oxnard.
What We Do
Did you know that the Oxnard Downtowners proudly present several signature events for the community each year?
- Oxnard Salsa Festival
- Holiday Tree Lighting Celebration
- Oxnard Christmas Parade
We also raise and donate money to other groups and programs that are contributing to a vibrant downtown Oxnard. These include:
- Elite Theatre Company
- Friends of Heritage Square
- Friends of Old Oxnard (Autumn Home Tours)
- Gull Wings Children’s Museum
- ODMD’s Winter Fantasy Music & Light Show
- Oxnard Downtown Police Storefront
- Plaza Park Summer Concert Series
And finally, and perhaps most important, we serve as a voice for downtown and an advocate for positive change!
- PBID/Oxnard Downtown Management District Formation & Renewal
- Merchant Meetings and Mixers
- Involvement in City task forces, commissions and other downtown groups
The Oxnard Downtowners continues outreach to include downtown residents, new businesses, and others who care about the future of downtown. We often host mixers hosted by downtown restaurants where merchants and residents can mingle, talk about downtown issues, and get to know each other over a cup of coffee or an after-work cocktail.
For information on joining the Oxnard Downtowners, call 805-247-0197.