Salsa Recipe Contest
Does your salsa have what it takes to be named the best?
Enter your Salsa in the Great Oxnard Salsa Challenge.
About the Contest
- Pre-registration is required for all contestants
- A maximum of 30 salsas will be accepted into the contest - No entries accepted on contest day.
- Tasting will be limited to judges. Contest will be a blind taste test by the judges.
- Tasting by the public is not permitted.
What you'll need
- Prepare 1 pint (16 oz) of your freshest and tastiest salsa for the contest.
- Bring your salsa in a disposable container to the Festival
- Reminder … If you are traveling from a distance, transport your salsa in a cooler to keep it fresh!
- Deliver to the Cantina at the south end of Plaza Park – pick up souvenir t-shirt.
- Enjoy the Festival – winners will be announced around 12:55 pm at the MAIN STAGE and a sign announcing the winners will be posted Sunday afternoon at the Salsa Festival Info Booth.
- Winners are encouraged to collect winnings at the Cantina before 2:00 pm.
Check back soon for 2024 application